Welcome to the Pollard Memorial Library Citizenship Corner!
Two additional 10-week Citizenship Preparation Courses are scheduled in 2017.
Summer Session: Wednesdays, June 7-August 9, from 6pm-8pm
Fall Session: Wednesdays, September 6-November 8, from 6pm-8pm
Please note: To be eligible to take the Citizenship Preparation Course, students should be able to answer "yes" to the following questions:
- Have you been a lawful permanent resident (Green Card holder) of the U.S. for at least 5 years (3 years if married to a U.S. citizen)?
- Are you able to read, write, and speak basic English?
- Will you be able to attend all classes during the 10-week citizenship course?
Citizenship Class Information
Becoming a U.S. Citizen: Helpful Resources from United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS):
• Learn about Naturalization/General Eligibility Requirements
• Apply for Citizenship
• Exceptions and Accommodations (to the naturalization requirements)
• Information on Filing a Fee Waiver
• Information on Filing a Reduced Fee Request
Preparing and Practicing for the Citizenship Test:
• What's on the Test? (USCIS)
• Study Materials for the English Test (USCIS)
• Study Materials for the Civics Test (USCIS)
• Civics Practice Test (USCIS)
• Preparing for the Oath: U.S. History and Civics for Citizenship (Smithsonian National Museum of American History/USCIS)
Other Helpful Web Resources:
• Ben's Guide to the U.S. Government
• El Civics for ESL Students
• Presidents of the United States
• The White House: Our Government