- 1879 City Atlas of Lowell - PDF | JPGs published by G.M. Hopkins, 1879. Digitized by The State Library of Massachusetts
- 1906 City Atlas of Lowell - PDF | JPGs published by L.J. Richards & Co., 1906. Digitized by The State Library of Massachusets
Lowell Area Yearbooks
- Lowell High School Yearbooks - A limited number of LHS yearbooks have been digitized by UMass Lowell Special Collections.
- Splinters - Rogers Hall School for Girls - A limited number of this local literary magazine have been digitized by UMass Lowell Special Collections.
Jack Kerouac Links
- DHARMA Beat - A Jack Kerouac newszine dedicated to writing about Kerouac's life and writing.
- Jack Kerouac - Biography and links by Levi Asher.
- Jack Kerouac - Jack Kerouac information, quotes, and links.
- Jack Kerouac Foundation
- Lowell Celebrates Kerouac, Inc. - A non-profit organization dedicated to promoting an appreciation of Jack Kerouac's life and literature.
- Lowell National Historical Park - The Park's Kerouac site.
- Words of Jack Kerouac - Ferrini Productions
Lowell Mills and the Mill Girls
- Early Lowell Industrialization - Sketches and photos from the National Museum of American History at the Smithsonian Institute.
- "Liberty Rhetoric" - Lives of the Lowell mill girls- part of a website "Liberty Rhetoric" and 19th century women prepared by Professor Lavender , Dept of History, College of Staten Island Studies.
- Lowell National Historical Park History Pages - History of the mills and Lowell during the Industrial Revolution
General Local History History Links
- American Local History Network, Inc. - A central point of entry to independent web sites with historical or genealogical content.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts - Official website.
- Library of Congress - American Life Histories- Manuscripts from Federal Writers Project 1936-1940.
- Lowell Historical Society - At the Boott Cotton Mills Museum. The Society collects, preserves and publishes materials related to Lowell and encourages and promotes the study of the history of the city
- Massachusetts Archives - General information, hours & directions, services, researching family history at the archives.
- Mogan Cultural Center - At the University of Massachusetts, Lowell. Birth, Marriage, and Death Records for Massachusetts, local and state insurance maps, city directories, and town histories. Special collections. Special projects include Dracut, Lawrence, and Tyngsboro, Massachusetts.
- National Historic Landmarks Program
- The Secretary of the Commonwealth - Division of the office of the Secretary of the Commonwealth with links to archives, public records, registry of deeds, state records center, etc.
- Preparing, Protecting, Preserving, FamilyTreasures Library of Congress page provides simple instructions as well as comprehensive links to resources related to saving and protecting priceless family treasures